About Maartje Roos
I am proud of:
- 2019 nominated at 12th Annual Photography Masters Cup
- Fine Art | Willem Lodewijk van Nassau
- 2018 'Erpel, 1885 Nuenen' at Vincentre | museum about Vincent van Gogh
- 2017 Solo exhibition new serie 'Leeuwarden Lonkt' at De vier Pelikanen
- 2016 Nominated three times at 9th Annual Photography Masters Cup
- Advertising | Kerst vier je samen! (Christmas you celebrate together!)
- Fine Art | Rietsnijders (Reed Cutters)
- Fine Art | Piano man
- 2015 I participated in the national photographic team of The Netherlands for the World Photographic Cup 2015
- Commercial | Efteling, Joris en de draak
- Landscape | Pavo Cristatus, oftewel pauw
- 2014 Part of group exhibition, ‘Alive!’ at PHOTOVILLE, New York
- 2014 Nominated three tims at 7th Annual Photography Masters Cup
- Advertising | Are we there yet?
- Fine Art | Old times – Drenthe (Oude tijden herleven | Drenthe)
- Fine Art | Wonder of woman # Dining room
- 2014 Part of group exhibition ‘Keep on Dreaming’ in AmstelGallery, Amsterdam and Gallery [Sirius], Tokyo
- 2013 NEW Photo, Dutch Photography Talent 2014!
- 2013 Part of group exhibition, ‘Keep on Dreaming’, PHOTOVILLE, New York,
- 2012 Photography 60 year – anniversary book Efteling ‘Are we there yet?’
- 2012 Part of group exhibition ‘Wonder of Woman’, PHOTOVILLE, New York,
- 2012 Represented by agency Beeldagent
- 2011 Honorable mention Theo Brandsmaprijs – Beeldende Kunst KEIK
- 2011 Take5, Win-initiative, New York. Presentation and Exhibition.
- 2011 Part of group exhibition, ‘Dutch Delight’ at New York Photo Festival, New York
- 2010 ‘Talent of the year 2010′ by Photo News – ‘Fotonieuws’
- 2010 Graduated ‘cum laude’ at the Academy of Photography – Fotoacademie Groningen
Maartje Roos (1986) doesn’t take pictures, she creates images.
In both commissioned and free work, her narrative images are all manifestations of creating her own reality. This makes her demand the utmost of her creativity. An image always starts with a picture in her head. That picture will be transferred into a photo. This is not only a matter of quickly taking a photo; it is a long term process in which she is in charge of everything. Location, models, clothing, lighting, shooting and editing are all part of the process. She often creates one photo out of multiple photos, using the digital palette and her ability to empathize. She adds and omits, balancing on registering and directing a photo. What remains is her image. Reality or fantasy, that is hard to tell.
That image can also be your story as a person, company or brand.
A photographic image that tells exactly what you had in mind. As a carrier of emotion, as decoration, as a way to convey information, or as visual support.
It is possible that we do the whole production for you. Such as organizing the appropriate location (s), models, catering, business (property and model) or exemptions.
Graduated at the Photo Academy - 2010 cum laude
Artez Academy (2006-2007)
Fotonica, Level 4 (2003 - 2006 diploma)
HAVO - Culture & Society (1998 - 2003 diploma)
Working as a press photographer during internships for Dagblad van het Noorden (2006) and Leeuwarder Courant (2004/2005) in employment, worked as a photographer at advertising agency Work it Out (2003-2012) and photo agency Hoge Noorden (2009-2012)
Member DuPho. DuPho stands for Dutch Photographers and is the professional organization for professional photographers.
Fotogalerie Utrecht | Holland
Goodman&CO | Fine ART Photography
I'm a x-photographer Fujifilm, the Netherlands
working with the Fujifilm GFX50s